Domestic Testing & Inspection

Allpower offer the full range of electrical testing services for your domestic property.  With NIC-EIC certification, you can be sure that all work undertaken is fully compliant with current regulations.

There are many forms of electrical testing and inspection and this page summarizes some of those. If you wish to discuss these further, or if you’re not sure what you actually need, then please give us a call and we’ll be happy to discuss our services with you.

Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) / Fixed Wire Testing

This type of test provides you a report on the current condition and safety of the electrical installation in your property. Not only is this required by the regulations, it is also essential to ensure the safety of everyone in your home. The frequency of this test varies depending on your building (age and condition), but as a minimum it is required every 10 years in a domestic property.

Our friendly and certified electricians will undertake all inspection works at a time that is convenient to you. Upon completion of the testing process, you will be issued with an NIC-EIC certificate which will state if you have any non-compliant issues with your installation. On the recommendations page of the report you will see what work is required to make your installation compliant with current regulations and safe for use. If you would like us to provide you with a free no obligation quote for these works please just ask.

Domestic Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)

Often called PAT testing, this service is more commonly undertaken in business premises, but your home appliances pose the same risk of electrocution as those at work. If you would like to discuss the rules with us and the frequency of inspection appropriate for your home, please give us a call.

Landlord or Managing Agent that needs an electrical certificate?

What you require is classed as an electrical installation condition report. Its purpose is to check the safety of the electrics within a property that is rented and must be undertaken every five years or at the change of tenants (whichever comes first).   The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 states that a Landlord is responsible “to keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the dwelling house for the supply of water, gas and electricity….”

This 100% testing can be carried out at a time that is convenient to both you and your tenant. Once this 100% testing is complete, an NIC-EIC certificate will be issued to you for your records. If there are any non-conformances, you will be made aware of these in the recommendations sheet and a free no obligation quotation can be provided. If you own or manage multiple properties, we can give you access to our management system where you can access your certificates and dates of last tests on all your sites.

Buying a property and need a Pre-Purchase Electrical Certificate?

This can also be an Electrical Installation Condition Report, where we will carry out 100% testing of the property (where possible).

Buying or selling a property and need an electrical certificate?

A Pre-Purchase Electrical Certificate or New Owner Electrical Test can take the form of an Electrical Installation Condition Report, where we will carry out 100% testing of the property.

This cost could save you both money and time on your property sale or purchase and may help your negotiations on price.

It is always best to know the condition of the wiring in the property you are thinking of selling or purchasing to ensure the safety of everyone in the property.

If there are any non-conformances, these will be listed on the Recommendations page and we are happy to quote to rectify these problems if present in your property.

Call Us

01798 812999

Email Us

Arrange a Call back